Privacy & Disclaimer
The Tax Institute (TTI)
ABN 45 008 392 372
1. Application of Policy
This policy relates to information:
- that the TTI actively or passively collects from the User when the User corresponds with the TTI, visits the TTI Website or when the User purchases materials or transacts any other business with the TTI;
- that the User provides to TTI when the User communicates with TTI; or
- that the User provides to TTI when the User makes an application for a Password on the TTI Website.
In this policy, all such information is collectively called "Information".
This Policy relates to all aspects of activities undertaken by the TTI including its Website, but does not extend to websites of third parties which are linked to, or referred to on, TTI's Website. The User should be aware that, if they click on a website link or an advertisement which takes them to another website, the User may enter a website that does not offer similar privacy protection. The User should check the privacy policies of these other websites and should not provide any personal information unless the User feels comfortable with the level of protection on that website.
2. Collection of Information
When the User corresponds with the TTI including registering for a TTI seminar, attending TTI social activities, enquiring about membership or making an application for a password on the TTI website, the TTI may request some information from the User (including the User's name, address, contact phone, fax and email address, date of birth and membership ID (if applicable)). This information is required for registration purposes and assists TTI to provide the User with relevant information, advertisements or special offers that it thinks would be of interest to the User. TTI may also provide this information to its business partners, to offer goods or services to the User.
- help TTI to keep track of the website user's preferences;
- saves the website user from having to identify themself each time the User visits the TTI Website;
- facilitate's the use of an electronic shopping basket so that the website user is only required to enter their payment details when the User has finished shopping
- allow TTI to monitor the website user's use of the TTI Website; and
- assists the TTI in enhancing the content of its Website.
When the User clicks on some advertisements on the TTI Website a cookie from the advertisement may be placed on the hard drive of the User's computer. It is not technically possible for TTI to control this. The User should contact the advertiser if they have any concern about how this information may be used. The User may disable cookies through the User's browser, however, you may not be able to utilise all services on the Website if cookies are disabled.
If at any time the User does not wish to continue to receive particular information from the TTI or one of its business partners, the individual may contact the TTI to request that the User's name is removed from a mailing list for a publication.
3. Integrity of Information
TTI respects each individual User's right to privacy.
TTI will use all reasonable efforts to maintain the integrity of the User's Information and has established audit procedures to assist in keeping personal details of members up to date. It is also the User's responsibility to notify TTI of any changes to the User's details.
4. Storage of Information
TTI uses industry standard encryption technologies to safeguard the confidentially of the Information that it holds. TTI will keep these arrangements under review to ensure that TTI is doing all that is reasonably and technically feasible to protect the confidentiality of the User's Information. The User should note that the nature of the internet is such that it is very difficult to ensure complete security. If the User is concerned about the security of their information, the User should contact the TTI regarding access to TTI products and information available through the internet.
5. Use of Information
TTI will utilise the Information for the following purposes:
- registering delegates to seminars;
- registering new members;
- updating existing member and non-member records;
- promote forthcoming TTI events;
- promoting membership of the TTI;
- promote products and services of the TTI or its business partners;
- administering the TTI Website appropriately for the User;
- developing and improving the content available on the TTI Website;
- customising the content and layout of the TTI Website for members;
- notifying members of updates to the TTI Website and administrative matters; and
- sending Users relevant information, advertisements, special offers, TTI Website updates and other marketing information.
TTI may disclose Information to its business associates and alliance partners. TTI may also share the Information with other organisations for commercial purposes, which might include a payment being made to TTI. Where TTI discloses or shares Information it will do so on the basis that the recipient will maintain confidentiality in the Information and only use it for the purpose agreed with TTI.
The TTI will not disclose an individual's personal information to its business partners where requested by the individual concerned.
Where TTI is legally required to provide Information to a third party TTI will do so. Third parties who wish to enforce their intellectual property or other rights may also require Information from TTI. TTI may provide relevant Information if TTI considers the request is necessary to protect TTI's business or reputation.
6. Access to personal details.
An individual's personal details held by the TTI can be made available on the request of the individual concerned.
Requests to obtain access to or copies of personal details retained by the TTI should be made in writing to the Policy Officer c/- The Tax Institute, Level 10 175 Pitt Street Sydney NSW 20000.
7. Amending personal details.
The Institute will take all reasonable steps to ensure personal details of individuals are kept up to date and amended where the changes can be verified by the individual concerned. Requests to amend personal details should be made in writing to the Membership Officer, The Tax Institute, Level 10 175 Pitt Street Sydney NSW 2000 or to the appropriate State Division Office of the Institute.
8. Further Information.
The Policy Officer, The Tax Institute, Level 10 175 Pitt Street Sydney, NSW 2000, Telephone (02) 8223 0000 or email email@example.com
The Tax Institute
ABN 45 008 392 372
The publications available for purchase and/or downloading from this website are meant for general educational purposes only and do not purport to contain all relevant information. The views contained in each publication are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Tax Institute.
Recipients rely on the information in the publications at their own risk. Recipients should not rely on the publications as advice for any particular matter, but should make their own assessment and evaluation, undertake investigation and enquiries and seek advice to enable them to make any decision concerning their own interests.
The Tax Institute expressly disclaims all and any liability to any recipient whatsoever in respect of anything done by any such recipient in reliance on any of the publications.
To the extent that the law permits, The Tax Institute will not be liable in any way (whether in negligence or otherwise) for any loss or damage which may be suffered by a recipient in connection with the contents of or any omission from content contained in the publications.