Mobile Web App
About event and conference Applications
Event programs for multi-day events can now be viewed via supported mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads and Blackberry Torch. The applications are made available prior to the event and updated as required eg. to include room allocation once known.
These event applications will assist delegates to find their way to relevant sessions / venues at the large events and to stay up to date with breaking tax news.
The mobile applications include:
- all the information available in the printed brochure (such as session descriptions, times, speaker biographies etc.)
- additional features such as the ability to view sessions run concurrently or additional sessions being run by a particular speaker
- news and Twitter feeds that allow delegates to easily stay up to date with any breaking news in Tax during the event (whilst away from the office).
Accessing the mobile (event program) application
1. From a compatible mobile device (or computer with a compatible viewer such as Google's Chrome web browser),click on the icon corresponding with the event you wish to view from http://m.taxinstitute.com.au.
If you try to access a mobile application from an incompatible viewer (such as Firefox or Internet Explorer) you will receive information on supported devices / viewers.
2. If you have an:
- Apple device - install the application by following the instructions that appear to create an icon on your device's desktop that you can use to access the application in future
- Android device - create a bookmark in your devices web browser.
3. Launch the application (by either clicking on its icon or bookmark) and click on what interests you. Options include viewing:
- session level detail
- sessions by stream eg. Corporate Stream sessions
- speaker biographies
- concurrent sessions for a given time
- other sessions presented by the same speaker (if applicable).
To give feedback on the mobile application or to recommend additional features you would like to see, contact us.
Creating a bookmark (Android devices only)
Android devices vary and so too does the process of creating a bookmark. Basically, from the web browser you create a bookmark. To re-access the application you click on the corresponding bookmark you create. You can also add a link to a bookmark on your desktop - effectively creating an application icon if that is your preference.