Discretionary Trust Distributions, 4th Edition
|Online subscription (2 CPD hours)|
|Printed book(s) AND online subscription package (2 CPD hours)|
The essential practitioners' manual post-Bamford.
Pre-order your copy of 2013's new edition before 31 May and save 15%.
Written by John Gaal of TaxCounsel, author of our popular Division 7A Handbook, CGT Small Business Reliefs and the Tax Agents Manual, and regular contributor to the Taxation in Australia journal.
This leading title examines the considerations that arise in relation to the making of distributions of income out of a typical discretionary trust. The fourth edition is available as a 12 month online subscription or as a print book and covers the "streaming", anti-avoidance and primary producer trust amendments and much more.
It is beyond question that the way income tax and CGT impact on distributions by discretionary trusts is becoming increasingly complex. This book is an essential resource
for trust practitioners - subscribe now to understand the ramifications of these distributions.
New for 2013:
- an update on the review of the operation of the general trust provisions (Div 6 ITAA36)
- the ATO's final determination on the implications of the proportionate approach to Div 6
- the ATO's final determination relating to the consequences of amendments being made to a
- discussion of the meaning of "beneficiary"
- the Full Federal Court's decision in Howard's case and the operation of s 99B ITAA36.
Key topics covered include:
- the way Div 6 and CGT operate in relation to a resident discretionary trust
- the special considerations that apply to testamentary trusts and others
- the concept of "the income" of a trust
- the "streaming" of capital gains and franked distributions
- issues for categories of beneficiaries, e.g. companies (including UPE issues), exempt entities
- practical guidance on the drafting of distribution resolutions
- links to cases and ATO material
- regular updates and email alerts
Also available as an updating online subscription
This service offers you an up-to-date online version of the publication and will continue to be updated to incorporate ongoing developments as they unfold, and includes two structured CPD hours.
Need the convenience of hard copy as well as online?
Buy both and receive a 25% discount off the total price.