Estate & Business Succession Planning, 7th Edition
|Online Subscription Package (includes 3.5 CPD Hours)|
|Order book only|
|Order online subscription|
|Order printed book and learning module|
|Register for a 14 Day Trial|
|Download the order form (PDF)|
A practical and strategic guide for the trusted adviser
Written by Bernie O'Sullivan, CTA
This is a highly practical guide for accountants, financial planners and lawyers. Make sure you’ve got your copy of Australia’s most comprehensive estate planning and business succession guide.
FREE: Take a look at these these ten strategies for the estate planner, taken from Estate & Business Succession Planning, 6th Edition.
What’s new in the sixth edition?
- succession planning: the adviser's role regarding “threshold issues”
- tax on withdrawals when using superannuation funds to finance buy-sell agreements
- transferring the control of family trusts: independent third parties, bankruptcy and divorce, agreements for the management of certain assets, family trust elections, disputes and rights to information
- special disability trusts: benefits to principal beneficiaries, and establishing special disability trusts by will
- binding death benefit nominations
- CGT on the disposal of pension assets, and choices for beneficiaries regarding assets and the executor
- taxation of non-resident estates
- bequests and the disposal of property.
Key features and benefits:
- provides a thorough overview of succession planning laws in every jurisdiction
- presents case studies, tips, diagrams and strategies to ensure the best outcome
- discusses pitfalls to be aware of and troubleshooting techniques
- covers all succession planning topics, including:
- wills and powers of attorney
- testamentary trusts
- claims against estates
- family trusts
- international estate planning
- tax consequences of death
- family law and death
- business succession planning.
Online subscription includes:
- 12 months of unlimited access to the 2013-14 online book, with updates
- interactive eLearning with reference links back to the online book (3.5 CPD hours)
- a copy of the eBook edition, at no extra cost
The book is prescribed reading for:
- Central University of Queensland postgraduate course, Taxation Planning and Estate Planning
- Curtin University (Estate Planning)
- Kaplan’s Master of Applied Finance (topic: insurance, succession and estate planning).