Estate & Business Succession Planning, 7th Edition
|Online Subscription Package (includes 3.5 CPD Hours)|
|Order book only|
|Order online subscription|
|Order printed book and online book - save 25%|
|Register for a 14 Day Trial|
|Download the order form (PDF)|
A practical and strategic guide for the trusted adviser
Publishing May 2015. Pre-order your copy before 31 May and save 20%.
This is a highly practical guide for accountants, financial planners and lawyers. Australia’s most comprehensive estate planning and business succession guide has been fully revised and updated. Make sure you’ve got your copy.
What’s new in the seventh edition?
- New chapter: Finance & accommodation for the aged and disabled – the hottest issue for advisers at present, looking at:
- living options for older clients and younger disabled
- home care package reforms
- reverse mortgages
- funding models for different accommodation types
- strategies to maximise benefits
- disabled and personal injury clients
- Superannuation and death benefits – learn what recent case law is saying about obligations of trustees
- Dealing with digital assets on death
- Business succession – the latest ATO views on buy-sell funding
- Taxation of estates and trusts – significantly expanded chapter.
Key features and benefits:
- provides a thorough overview of succession planning laws in every jurisdiction
- presents case studies, tips, diagrams and strategies to ensure the best outcome
- discusses pitfalls to be aware of and troubleshooting techniques
- covers all succession planning topics, including:
- wills and powers of attorney
- testamentary trusts
- claims against estates
- family trusts
- international estate planning
- tax consequences of death
- family law and death
- business succession planning.
Online subscription includes:
- 12 months of unlimited access to the online book, with updates
- interactive eLearning with reference links back to the online book (3.5 CPD hours)
- a copy of the eBook edition, at no extra cost
The book is prescribed reading for:
- Central University of Queensland postgraduate course, Taxation Planning and Estate Planning
- Curtin University (Estate Planning)
- Kaplan’s Master of Applied Finance (topic: insurance, succession and estate planning).