About the book
Exceeding your client's expectations
This unique resource is like no other text. It offers you a practical format for identifying planning outcomes, pitfalls and implementing remedies. Overall it has been written to provide you with the tools you need to assist with exceeding your client's expectations when it comes to succession planning.
Practical and objective, a guide designed for industry practitioners which comprehensively looks at all the fundamental areas of estate planning such as:
- asset protection
- tax implications on deceased estates
- business succession planning
- international estate planning and more.
The face of succession planning is constantly changing, The abolition of compulsory superannuation cashing laws and the increase in small/medium businesses and the structures (such as family trusts) typically associated with such businesses mean that succession planning is much more than simply making a will. Increasingly, people are holding assets in vehicles that will not form part of their estate and won't therefore be dealt with by their will. Strategies dealing with non-estate assets are a significant component of succession planning.
This is not a legal text, nor a guide to how to write a will. The book is a practical guide that includes:
- Balancing benefits and risks tricks and traps of establishing successions plans,
- the formalisation of the plan and its administration and legal issues which impact on it
- the growing importance of superannuation as a succession asset.
- Case studies
- Troubleshooting when things don’t go according to plan
- Pitfalls to avoid
- The ways to success
- The role of the accountant/adviser in succession planning
- When to use/recommend a testamentary trust
- The advantages and disadvantages of testamentary trusts
- Tax considerations
- Avoiding challenges after death
Written in a practical and straightforward style, no publication currently on the market comes close in terms of ease of use.
- Online learning module with CPD points attached
- A comprehensive coverage of superannuation, death and pensions re succession planning
- A detailed coverage of business succession planning from the ground up
- Coverage of international issues in estate planning
- Coverage of powers of attorney
- Includes not only case studies, tips and diagrams but strategies to ensure the best outcome; troubleshooting what could go wrong; Tax considerations, tricks and traps of establishing successions plans, the formalisation of the plan and its administration, legal issues which impact on it and the growing importance of superannuation as a succession asset; balancing benefits and risks.