SMSF Guide, 7th Edition
|Online Subscription Package (includes 3 CPD Hours)|
|Order book only|
|Order online subscription|
|Order printed book and online subscription package|
|Register for a 14 Day Trial|
|Download the order form (PDF)|
Current issues and strategies for the funds adviser
New seventh edition available in print, eBook and online now.
Now in its seventh edition, the SMSF Guide is still the first choice for funds advisers across the country.
Incorporating case studies and real-life examples, you’ll find expanded, in-depth coverage of the latest strategies in the SMSF Guide.
Jemma Sanderson, CTA, looks at recent developments, rulings and important cases and covers tax-effective SMSF strategies, offering expert tips to ensure that you avoid common and costly mistakes.
What’s new in SMSF Guide, 7th Edition:
consideration of the new rules with respect to the refund of excess concessional and non-concessional contributions, including the practical operation of the provisions
contribution reserving strategies in practice, particularly in light of recent ATO changes
withdrawal and recontribution strategies in practice
segregating assets in superannuation – the practicalities and tips and traps
- a review of recent cases with respect to the death of a member, particularly the operation of binding death benefit nominations, trustee discretion and the importance of full consideration of the succession of an SMSF; and
- consideration of the non-arm’s length income provisions, including recent ATO guidance with respect to limited recourse borrowing arrangements and nil interest loans to SMSFs from a related party, and the features of a commercial arrangement.
An annual online subscription service is also available, which includes:
- 12 months of unlimited access to the 2015-16 online book, with updates;
- interactive eLearning with reference links back to the online book (3 CPD hours); and
- cross-references and links to relevant ATO materials.
Key features and benefits:
Outlining the latest strategies for managing your clients' contributions and opportunities, this title considers tax-effective SMSF strategies, and covers:
- excess contribution cases – the ATO versus the taxpayer – what to look out for when applying for discretion to maximise chances of success
- how the new contribution refund provisions operate and the issues and opportunities to consider for clients
- the treatment of assets supporting income streams upon the passing of a member
- recent cases and ATO guidance with respect to superannuation
- superannuation contributions – what’s changed, areas of concern, ATO practice, and new rules to keep in mind.
Online subscription also available, including:
- unlimited online book access for 12 months, with updates
- interactive eLearning with reference links back to the online book
- 3 structured CPD hours
- cross-references and links to relevant ATO materials
- a copy of the eBook edition, at no extra cost.
Purchase your print copy with your online version as a package and you’ll save 25% and receive the eBook edition free.
Also available on the Tax Knowledge eXchange
Alternatively, subscribe to the Tax Knowledge eXchange with our online books option and you'll receive full online access to the SMSF Guide, seven other practical guides, a host of additional content and up to 30 CPD hours. Find out more.
About our author
Jemma Sanderson, CTA, is a Principal of Cooper Partners Financial Services, heading up its SMSF specialist services. Jemma provides strategic advice on SMSFs, estate planning and wealth management to clients, as well as technical support to accounting, legal and financial planning groups.