Taxation in Australia on iPad and Android
Taxation in Australia, Australia's leading tax journal, is now even more accessible in The Tax Institute App, available on iPad and for Android tablet users.
Not using a tablet? View the articles online.
April’s issue of Taxation in Australia covers:
- Cover article: Australian TOFA implications for insurers from the NZ Sovereign Assurance case - Joanne Dunne, CTA, and James Hamblin, CTA
- Enforcement of tax liabilities and solvency - Nishad Kulkarni
- Limiting abuse of administrative power and enhancing economic welfare - John Azzi, CTA
Alongside these great regular features:
- Tax cases: An unintended waiver of legal professional privilege - Michael Norbury, CTA
- Alternative assets insights: The Sojitz case: Implications for landholder duty and TARP - Costa Koutsis, CTA and Rachael Cullen
- Superannuation: Temporary incapacity can provide welcome relief - Daniel Butler, CTA
- Accounting for tax: A tale of two rulings or: How I learned to stop worrying and love uncertainty - Arthur Athanasiou, CTA
- Mid market focus: Property development: Property becoming trading stock - Amy Wark and Josh Chye
- A matter of trusts: Director’s breach of fiduciary duties results in a clawback of super contributions - Melissa Brazzale and Philip Broderick, CTA
- Tax Counsel's report: Immediate opportunities for tax system improvement - Stephanie Caredes, CTA.
Don't forget, Taxation in Australia on your tablet also includes our exclusive Extra supplement.
Important information on accessing our iPad app
If you’ve already downloaded our iPad app prior to August 2014, you must update to the current version to for continued access to Taxation in Australia on your iPad. If you do not update you will not have access to new issues of the journal in the app.
To update simply open the App Store on your iPad and tap ‘Updates’ on the bottom of the screen, and tap 'UPDATE' next to Taxation in Australia (an internet connection is required to update the app).
Still having issues? Try uninstalling the app (by opening the Newsstand on your iPad, long-press on The Tax Institute App cover icon, and tapping the 'x' that appears in the icon's top left corner) and then reinstall the app after. You will then be able to download any editions from the library as per normal. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.
Downloading the app for new users
New users can access Taxation in Australia in the new ‘The Tax Institute App’ by visiting the App Store or the Google Play store. The app is free to download and use, however some items such as our eBooks, must be purchased within the app to access.
About Taxation in Australia on iPad and Android
Taxation in Australia is available from mid-August 2014 as part of our new ‘The Tax Institute App’.
The Tax Institute App brings you each month’s issue of Taxation in Australia, each week’s TaxVine newsletter, our free Paper of the Month and much more.
The Tax Institute App also gives you convenient access to our eBooks*.
Designed to be a one-stop-shop for everything The Tax Institute offers, our new app will grow over coming months with a wide range of new features and content planned.
*eBooks require an in-app purchase to access.
Take a look at our FAQ page.