Taxation in Australia on iPad and Android
Taxation in Australia, Australia's leading tax journal, is now even more accessible in The Tax Institute App, available on iPad and for Android tablet users.
Not using a tablet? View the articles online.
February’s issue of Taxation in Australia covers:
- Overseas travel by employees: when does FBT apply? - Fiona Martin, CTA
- Reassessment when review pending? - Dr Holger Sorensen, CTA
- The income tax and CGT consequences of property disposals - Michael
Alongside these regular features:
- Senior Tax Counsel’s Report: Ah, the serenity! Is tax reform too much disruption
to bear? Robert Jeremenko, CTA
- Mid Market Focus: No joy regarding FBT on travel expenses for FIFO
arrangements - Donna Fisher
- A Matter of Trusts: SMSFs, trusts and property development: part 2 - Phil Broderick, CTA
- Superannuation: SMSF borrowing - Daniel Butler, CTA
- Tax Cases: Qantas and the taxation of airport employee car parking spaces - Michael Norbury, CTA
- Accounting for Tax: Accountants’ negligence revisited - Arthur Athanasiou, CTA
- Alternative assets insights: Super funds – tax impediments to going global - Mark Edmonds, Christian Holle, ATI, and Wendy Hartanti
Important information on accessing our iPad app
If you’ve already downloaded our iPad app prior to August 2014, you must update to the current version to for continued access to Taxation in Australia on your iPad. If you do not update you will not have access to new issues of the journal in the app.
To update simply open the App Store on your iPad and tap ‘Updates’ on the bottom of the screen, and tap 'UPDATE' next to Taxation in Australia (an internet connection is required to update the app).
Still having issues? Try uninstalling the app (by opening the Newsstand on your iPad, long-press on The Tax Institute App cover icon, and tapping the 'x' that appears in the icon's top left corner) and then reinstall the app after. You will then be able to download any editions from the library as per normal. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.
Downloading the app for new users
New users can access Taxation in Australia in the new ‘The Tax Institute App’ by visiting the App Store or the Google Play store. The app is free to download and use, however some items such as our eBooks, must be purchased within the app to access.
About Taxation in Australia on iPad and Android
Taxation in Australia is available from mid-August 2014 as part of our new ‘The Tax Institute App’.
The Tax Institute App brings you each month’s issue of Taxation in Australia, each week’s TaxVine newsletter, our free Paper of the Month and much more.
The Tax Institute App also gives you convenient access to our eBooks*.
Designed to be a one-stop-shop for everything The Tax Institute offers, our new app will grow over coming months with a wide range of new features and content planned.
*eBooks require an in-app purchase to access.
Take a look at our FAQ page.