Seminar and Convention papers from all Taxation Institute events are available online to be downloaded in PDF format.
Seminar papers and presentations
The Tax Institute runs over 300 CPD seminars a year and the majority of our speakers dedicate considerable time and effort in preparing and writing papers and presentations. All papers and powerpoint presentations provided by the speakers from our seminars are available through the website individually or through a Tax Knowledge eXchange subscription.
Finding a paper or presentation
To find a paper you can either scroll through the list at the bottom of this page or use the right hand side Paper Search to refine your search criteria. Enter Keyword, State of Event and Date Range. For a more detailed search use our Advanced Search facility.
13 Jul 2016 |
Greenwoods & Herbert Smith Freehills, Melbourne |
The 2016 Young Tax Professionals Series features 6 sessions designed to cover a broad range of topics and recent tax developments. This session covered consolidations - what really matters.
13 Jul 2016 |
The estate and business succession planning webinar series covers and in-depth understanding of estate planning issues, explores opportunities, strategies and pitfalls to be aware of when advising clients and covers recent developments. The webinar covered rogue executors, trustees and attorneys.
05 Jul 2016 |
Perpetual, Sydney |
This event will looked at some of the Div 7A risks arising from:
- winding-up companies
- forgiveness of loans
- death and Division 7A
- vesting of trusts and Division 7A.
29 Jun 2016 |
Each webinar will covers key tax developments arising from the previous month, exploring the most pertinent issues in-depth.
29 Jun 2016 |
The estate and business succession planning webinar series covers and in-depth understanding of estate planning issues, explores opportunities, strategies and pitfalls to be aware of when advising clients and covers recent developments. The webinar covered superannuation strategies.
17 Jun 2016 |
Mecure Hotel, Geelong |
This event covered:
- the approach the Family Court takes in considering how to divide assets, superannuation and liabilities.
- rollover relief available to married couples, de facto couples and samesex couples
- income and assets of the discretionary trust
- Division 7A transactions
- asset protection by way of a financial agreement.
14 Jun 2016 |
City West Receptions, West Perth |
This event ensured delegates understand the impact of recent cases. Delegates heard direct from industry experts through practical workshops and technical sessions.
10 Jun 2016 |
Stamford Plaza, Adelaide |
This event covered recent budget announcements and other superannuation changes, and also covered the latest updates to contributions on a practical level, SMSFs and how to achieve successful succession considerations around investments in superannuation vehicles, pension strategies, and then concluded with consideration of whether life insurance should be held in super.
09 Jun 2016 |
Spry Roughley Services, Parramatta |
This event focused on what has changed in the last 12 months and how this will affect your traditional year-end tax planning and what new cutting edge strategies have emerged that you should really know about.
02 Jun 2016 |
Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, Sydney |
This event covered some of the following topics:
- practical issues with trusts
- Division 7A
- superannuation: structure and uses in estate planning
- Tax Practitioners Board: will you survive an investigation?
- transfer pricing update
- using data & analytics to support public group and international client compliance
- consolidation updates: still grappling with these rules?
- is tax reform dead? or alive and kicking?
- transfer pricing and CBC reporting: a practical guide to documentation for large and small businesses
- expat issues and complications
- GST update.