Draft taxation ruling TR 2009/D8 - Sense or nonsense paper?
Member Price: $55.00
Non Member Price: $71.01
Publication date: 11 Feb 10
Source: NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- general operation of Division 7A
- the historical understanding of the operation of Subdivision EA of Division 7A
- the technical basis of the ATO's new approach
- the retrospective and prospective application
- the financial consequences of the draft ruling applying
- the virtual elimination of Subdivision EA
- what practical approaches should be adopted in response
- is a legislative fix needed?
Ken is a Tax and Commercial Law Partner in the Sydney office of Schurgott Noolan Pty Ltd. Ken has extensive experience in all aspects of tax (including state taxes), as well as business structuring, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. He is a member of the Advisory Panel to the Board of Taxation and is presently heavily engaged in consultation in relation to the reform of the taxation of trusts. Ken is the immediate Past President of The Tax Institute.
Current at 18 February 2013
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Ken SCHURGOTT.
Purchase individual materials from this event:
Draft taxation ruling TR 2009/D8 - Sense or nonsense?
Author(s): Ken SCHURGOTT
Material from this session:
- Draft taxation ruling TR 2009/D8 - Sense or nonsense paper?
Add to cart (non member price $71.01)
- Draft taxation ruling TR 2009/D8 - Sense or nonsense presentation?
Add to cart (non member price $12.00)
- Add all these session materials to cart ($66.40)