Published on 09 May 06
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this paper include:
- what is the current status of the Service Trusts Ruling and Guide?
- do I need to wind up my service trust arrangement?
- if so, how do I do it and what are the capital gain tax and income tax implications?
- how would I deal with work in progress and depreciating assets?
- what are the stamp duty implications?
- do I need to make GST adjustments?
- are there payroll tax issues?
Ken is a tax and commercial law partner in the Sydney office of SBN Lawyers. He has extensive experience in all aspects of tax (including State taxes) as well as business structuring, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken is a National Councillor of the Tax Institute and a member of the NSW Divisional Council and Education Committee. He is also a member of the Advisory Panel to the Board of Taxation and has recently been involved as a member of the Working Group on Managed Investment Trusts.
Current at 13 January 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Ken SCHURGOTT.
Further details about this event: