Capital gains tax - main residence exemption presentation
Member Price: Free
Non Member Price: Free
Publication date: 27 Mar 07
Source: SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation provides attendees with a refresher on the application of the exemption from capital gains tax upon disposal of a taxpayer's main residence. In particular, it discusses:
- general application of Subdivision 118-B
- extension of exemption to 'adjacent land'
- implication of changing main residence
- using main residence for income producing purposes
- impact of 'temporary absences', marriage breakdown and death.
Author profile:David Hawkes CTA
David is an Associate Director at Grant Thornton Australia and has 12 years experience in advising clients on a wide range of taxation issues. David has considerable experience in advising both employers and employees on the implementation and management of tax effective remuneration structures, including the use of employee share and option schemes.
Current at 18 February 2010
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by David HAWKES.
Purchase individual materials from this event:
Capital gains tax - main residence exemption
Author(s): David HAWKES
Material from this session:
- Capital gains tax - main residence exemption presentation
Download (non member price $0.00)
March 2007 tax update
Author(s): Cathy SIMONS