Important: Reset your password We've made some changes to our website. You will need to reset your password to access your account, access online books, purchase items from our online shop, or download papers from the Tax Knowledge eXchange.
Published on 28 Mar 03
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
The commercial and tax issues which affect SMSFs continue to be one of the least understood areas by trustees and advisers alike. Using a case study approach, this presentation considers several SMSF investments and whether
they meet the relevant SIS requirements.
Topics covered include:
- dealing with the ATO and its current move from education to compliance
- formulation of an appropriate Investment Strategy
- sole purpose test considerations
- investment restrictions and exceptions (including lending issues, acquiring assets from members, borrowings, 'in house' assets rule)
- interaction between SMSFs and interests held in unit trusts
- Financial Services Reform Act implications.
The Tax Institute is a Recognised Tax Agent Association (RTAA) under the Tax Agent Services Regulations 2009.
All materials provided on this site are protected by copyright and are owned by or licensed to TTI.
Except as expressly permitted by TTI or the copyright owner, any person or company who uses this site must not use, reproduce, redistribute, retransmit, publish or otherwise transfer, or commercially exploit, the materials or any information, software or other content, in whole or in part, which is available through this site.
We've made some changes to our website. You will need to reset your password to access your account, access online books, purchase items from our online shop, or download papers from the Tax Knowledge eXchange.
To reset your password, click on 'Reset password' below.