Published on 01 Jan 80
by Australian Tax Research Foundation
This paper covers the following presentations made at a forum convened by the Tax Institute Research and Education Trust on July 9th 1980:
- Address of welcome, by Sir Hermann Black
- Taxation policies in the 80s: The Liberal Party View by Hon. John Howard. M.P.
- Taxation policies in the 80s': The Labor Party View by Ralph Willis. M.P.
- Panel commentary involving Professor John Head , Mr . John Macleod and Mr . Alan Carroll
- Panel questions
- capital taxes
- business tax incentives indirect taxation
- payroll tax
- tax sharing arrangements
- flat rate tgax
- General question section
- effect of personal tax changes
- Capital Gains Tax
- Forum closure by Sir Hermann Black.
Australian Tax Research Foundation (ATRF)
The aim of the Australian Tax Research Foundation is to research taxation at all levels of government (Federal, State and Local) with a view to arriving at systems which are simple, fair and efficient. In pursuing its objectives, the Foundation will commission expert and impartial research, and convene seminars and workshops, into all aspects of taxation systems in Australia which are of current concern and relevance to governments and the wider community. The results of such research will, subject of approval of the Board of Governors of the Foundation, be published and widely disseminated to all those concerned with the formulation of tax policy and to business, union, welfare and other interest groups and to tertiary institutions. The Foundation will also undertake commissions from governments, bureaucracies, business and other groups to provide and publish impartial information on all aspects of taxation. Current at 19 October 2012