Published on 01 Jun 12
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Aside from the usual year-end planning issues, this paper highlights the things you need to add to your list in the light of recent changes to the law including:
- new streaming issues and rules around CGT
- things to do before 30 June and post-Budget
- trust distributions: streaming dividends and capital gains
- closely held trust issues and compliance at year-end: family trust elections, withholding tax
- estate matters: capital vs income and life tenants.
Stephen is a Partner at WMS Chartered Accountants based on the Gold Coast. Stephen has a particular focus on CGT, taxation implications of trusts and SME tax issues generally. He assists clients to legitimately reduce their overall tax burden by innovative structuring and detailed planning. He is a regular resource for other accounting professionals on tax matters. He is also a regular speaker on tax matters across south-east Queensland and northern New South Wales. In addition to holding masters degrees in both Taxation and Economics, Stephen completed a Juris Doctor degree at Bond University Law School in 2013 with first class honours.
- Current at
23 May 2017