Published on 16 Mar 07
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
Focused on SME advisers, this paper covers practical issues when a client acquires a company that has been part of a consolidated group including:
- structuring for the acquisition
- what tax history will it inherit?
- asset identification and valuation
- buying the company versus buying the assets
- tax sharing agreements and tax indemnities
- issues relevant to the vendor’s negotiating position.
Alistair is a Partner in
the Corporate Tax Group of PwC in
Adelaide. He provides taxation advice
and support for corporate clients across
areas such as mergers and acquisitions,
tax due diligence, capital gains tax,
cross-border transactions, international
tax structuring, funding decisions
and repatriation of profits. Alistair is
a member of The Tax Institute’s SA
State Council and speaks regularly for
professional bodies in relation to tax.
- Current at
06 November 2019