Published on 13 Mar 08
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This paper considers the tax issues in the agribusiness industry in light of drought and the environment, as well as the ATO's views on MIS agribusiness schemes. Case studies examine the following:
- current issues in MIS - is it a business/applying for a product ruling?
- taxation of water rights
- tax issues for exporters of produce
- FMDs - the new scheme
- structuring inter generational change
- CGT - property and primary production improvements
- role of super in holding assets
- brave new world - environmental tax issues and opportunities.
Peter is a Corporate Tax Partner at KPMG. He is currently the leader of KPMG South Australia’s Government practice and KPMG’s National
Forestry Practice. Peter is also a member of KPMG’s National Energy and Natural resource Executive. Peter has advised a large number of agribusiness participants, particularly in the forestry, wine and traditional farming sectors. Peter is a past State Chairman of the Taxation
Institute of Australia’s South Australian State Council.
Current at 12 March 2008 Current at 03 April 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Peter SIEBELS.