Published on 25 May 07
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This session will cover:
- The right timing for lodging the PBR
- Have you identified the best people in the ATO?
- When to talk to the ATO – before lodgement or during their consideration?
- What to include
- What documents matter and how they should be provided
- How to best present your client’s case deal with contrary arguments
- How to keep the lines of communication open without being a pest
- Should you prepare a draft of the ruling for the ATO?
- When you might get a priority ruling and when you might not
Frank O’Loughlin, CTA, has been a practising barrister and member of the Victorian Bar since 2003 practising principally in taxation and commercial law and is also a part time Senior Member of the Commonwealth Administrative Appeals Tribunal. Before joining the Bar Frank practised as a solicitor with Corrs Chambers Westgarth, becoming a partner in 1994 and later a National Practice Group Leader and a Board Member. His practice was principally in the taxation and corporate and commercial law fields. Before Corrs Frank worked for 12 years with the Australian Taxation Office in the technical (assessingand compliance) and management/ administration branches finishing as a Director in the Melbourne Office of the ATO.
- Current at
05 October 2012