Published on 25 May 07
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This session will cover:
- The right timing for lodging the PBR
- Have you identified the best people in the ATO?
- When to talk to the ATO – before lodgement or during their consideration?
- What to include
- What documents matter and how they should be provided
- How to best present your client’s case deal with contrary arguments
- How to keep the lines of communication open without being a pest
- Should you prepare a draft of the ruling for the ATO?
- When you might get a priority ruling and when you might not
Frank joined Corrs Chambers Westgarth in 1987, becoming a partner in 1994. Subsequently, he became a Practice Group Leader and was a Board Member prior to joining the Bar Leader and was a Board Member prior to joining the Bar in 2003. Frank’s practice at Corrs was, and the Bar is, a general commercial and taxation based practice. Frank was the National Chair of the Taxation Committee of the Law Council of Australia for 2005 and 2006, the Melbourne Chair of that committee for 2003 and 2004 and he is currently a Senior Fellow of the University of Melbourne teaching taxation subjects in the Graduate programme of the Law faculty.
Current at 28 September 2007 Current at 15 October 2007
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Frank O'LOUGHLIN.