Published on 12 Sep 13
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
The theory relating to benefit payments is well known as are some of the strategies on how to pay benefits in the most tax-effective manner. This paper explores the less common, possibly forgotten strategies that surround the laws on benefit payments by:
- recapping on the taxation arrangements on lifetime and death benefits
- discussing the implications of electing for a payment not to be treated as anincome stream
- exploring the benefit of rolling back a pension now and commencing a new onelater
- planning for income and salary sacrificing to maximise benefits
- considering the opportunities with estate planning.
Current at 31 July 2013
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Philip BRODERICK.