Published on 04 Jun 04
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Choosing the right structure for a small business has never been more difficult, requiring a tradeoff between competing objectives. This paper covers the following topics:
- income tax, CGT and other considerations
- how to create a structure that meets asset protection,
succession and the distribution needs for your client
- how to get maximum value out of your present structure
- accessing the CGT concessions
- some case study examples for various business structures.
Peter McKnoulty FTIA works for McCullough Robertson. Peter has degrees in Commerce and Law (with Honours) from the
University of Queensland. He has been a Partner in the Queensland
legal firm of McCullough Robertson since July 1986 having been admitted as a Solicitor in 1983. He practices in all aspects of the Commercial Law field with an emphasis on estate planning, taxation, tax planning, business structuring and business law generally and is
the senior partner in the firm’s Business and Revenue Division.
Current at 1 August 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Peter J MCKNOULTY.
Further details about this event: