Published on 04 Jun 04
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Advisers need to understand the current tax environment and
how this has impacted on the strategies implemented by
vendors and purchasers. Read about:
- the asset vs. share sale conundrum (is it irrelevant in
a post-consolidated environment?)
- analysing potential tax liabilities of your purchase
- joint and several liability - what to look for and how to
deal with it
- extracting value prior to exit - vendor strategies
- extracting maximum value from your due diligence - purchaser strategies
- demerger relief.
James is a partner with Blake Dawson Waldron. He has extensive experience in revenue law and provides tax advice to a
broad range of public and private corporations. He has spoken at conferences and seminars conducted by the Queensland
Law Society as well as The Taxation Institute of Australia and the Australian Society of CPAs. James is a member of the
Taxation Institute of Australia's State Council and Membership Committee.
Current at 4 June 2004 Current at 19 November 2004
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by James PETERSON.