Published on 08 Oct 09
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Self managed superannuation is not getting any simpler, and the rules for the acquisition and holding of investments offer ample scope for error and confusion. This paper covers:
- loss realisation and maintaining losses - strategies and risks
- purchase of assets using instalment warrant loans, terms contracts and un-geared property trusts
- acquiring business real property and other assets from related parties
- investments in unrelated companies and trusts
- asset protection and superannuation strategies.
Heather is a Partner with DLA Phillips Fox.
Current at 20 March 2009 Current at 08 May 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Heather GRAY.