Published on 11 Jul 08
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
On 1 July 2008 the Duties Act 2008 will commence operation in WA. Two key reforms are the introduction of landholder duty and an entity restructuring exemption regime. This paper focuses on:
- policies underpinning the regimes
- landholder duty calculation provisions
- key parameters of the new regimes
- entity restructuring notification requirements
- what has changed and what stays the same?
- when might an entity restructuring exemption be revoked?
Clayton Cox is a Principal Review Officer with the Western Australian Office of State Revenue. Since mid-2005, he has been directly involved in the State Tax Review and Stamp Act rewrite project, with a particular focus on the development of the policy and legislation behind the landholder and entity
Current at 11 July 2008 Current at 08 August 2008