Published on 14 Mar 08
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This paper covers:
- the Commissioner's correspondences to Boards and Chairman
- corporate governance and TRM (Who are the real stakeholders?)
- TRM as a component of a holistic tax management structure
- an example of "how to" of TRM
- an "internal manager's" v. an "external adviser's" view of risk management
- restricted access to risk management materials.
Miquel P. TIMMERS
Miquel's career in tax commenced in 1984,
immediately prior to the introduction of FBT and CGT. Since then he has been an adviser with two Big-4 firms and a Partner in Deloitte’s Sydney tax practice where he represented the firm on its global tax risk management and governance development committee. Mike has headed up the tax groups of two ASX-listed mining groups and was the Assistant Director of the Corporate Tax Association during the most intensive business tax reform period post-1984. Mike is currently the Group Tax Executive of the Goodman Group. His role encompasses responsibility for Goodman’s global tax risk management systems and controls.
Current at 12 March 2008 Current at 03 April 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Miquel P. TIMMERS.