Published on 06 Mar 04
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This convention paper covers the following topics:
- using the margin scheme effectively
- buying a property partly for business and partly for
- how to deal with a property that is constructed, rented, then sold
- when is a subdivision of land an enterprise?
- going concern and sale of leased premises.
Damian has specialised in indirect tax consulting for 17 years. Prior to setting up the boutique GST practice, Damian Welshe & Associates, in May 2005, Damian ran the Queensland GST consulting practices of PricewaterhouseCoopers and Mallesons Stephen Jaques. Damian is a Chartered Accountant and a Lawyer. He is also a member of The Tax Institute’s National GST Committee which liaises with the ATO and Treasury on policy matters and interpretational issues. His clients range from large financial institutions to small property developers and a network of other accounting and legal firms which seek specialist advice for their clients.
- Current at
19 July 2013