Published on 06 Mar 04
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This convention paper covers the following topics:
- using the margin scheme effectively
- buying a property partly for business and partly for
- how to deal with a property that is constructed, rented, then sold
- when is a subdivision of land an enterprise?
- going concern and sale of leased premises.
Damian has specialised exclusively in indirect tax
consulting for more than 12 years. Prior to setting up the boutique indirect tax practice, Damian Welshe & Associates in May 2005, Damian ran the Queensland GST consulting practices of PricewaterhouseCoopers and Mallesons Stephen Jaques. Damian is a Chartered Accountant and a Lawyer. He is also a member of the Taxation Institute's National GST Committee which liaises with the ATO and Treasury on policy matters and interpretational issues. He is a regular presenter on GST issues for professional and industry bodies.
Current at 14 June 2006
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Damian WELSHE.
Further details about this event: