Published on 04 Jun 04
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper uses a detailed worked example to demonstrate the benefits and issues that exist when a joint venture arrangement is used as the vehicle for undertaking a property development. The paper covers:
- why use a joint venture and not a partnership?
- where do the GST obligations sit?
- when will stamp duty will be triggered?
- issues when financing the JV
- the taxing points for the JV participants
- can a JV increase access to CGT concessions?
Current at 01 June 2011
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Greg TRAVERS.