Published on 13 Apr 08
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This paper covers:
- what foreign entity to use for the investment, ie foreign company, branch, partnership etc
- profit and cash repatriation issues and opportunities
- funding the investment
- impact of tax treaties, including allocation of taxing rights and withholding taxes etc
- treatment of related party transactions
- issues and opportunities arising from the interplay between Australian tax law and the tax law of the local jurisdiction
- examples of specific issues affecting investments in certain jurisdictions.
Current at 03 August 2011
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Mathew CHAMBERLAIN.
Anna is a Senior Consultant with Ernst & Young. Current at 03 April 2008