Published on 22 Apr 01
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
Topics covered in this convention paper include:
- Is there an ideal entity or structure for tax effective investing?
- Tax rate
- Distributions vs dividends
- Capital vs contributed capital
- Franking credits & refunds/unfranked dividends
- Estate and succession planning
- Testamentary trusts, deceased estates and excluded trusts
Peter is a Senior Partner in the Tax Consulting Division of Pitcher Partners Melbourne. He has considerable experience in advising large companies, high wealth individuals, their families and their businesses, on investing in and outside of Australia. He joined one of Pitcher Partners’ predecessor firms and was admitted to partnership in 1987 and now specialises in taxation issues in relation to property development, corporate advisory, funds management, high wealth families and estate planning. Peter has impressive current and past appointments with a number of institutions and is currently the Chair of the Victorian Division of the Tax Institute. He is also a member of the Institute’s Education Advisory Board and a member of the Monash University Department of Business Law and Taxation External Advisory Committee.
- Current at
23 September 2013