Published on 04 May 07
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper looks at the role of testamentary trusts to produce the desired balance and protections of all the loved ones. It considers:
- what is a testamentary trust?
- life interests - benefits and problems (or advantages and disadvantages)
- choosing the right trustee/s
- are some assets better than others in a testamentary trust (eg. superannuation, main residence)?
- practical hints to achieve desired outcomes.
Phil McGovern, CTA is a Partner with Mellor Olsson working in their Estate Planning & Commercial Division. Phil has in excess of 30 years' experience working with clients across a wide spectrum of industries and occupations, including clients involved in business, professionals and families generally, whom he assists in the Commercial and Transactional Law, Asset Protection, Estate and Succession Planning and Estate Administration fields.
- Current at
30 August 2017