Published on 05 Sep 13
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Superannuation is the main source for many Australians to fund their retirement and their twilight years. Therefore, it is imperative that we remain abreast of the latest guidance, issues and strategies to provide the most appropriate advice to our clients to enable them to optimise their superannuation. This paper provides an update on various superannuation issues, including:
- the latest on contributions, including guidance from the AAT and the ATO
- the impact of any superannuation “surcharge” announced
- the extension of the pension exemption upon the death of a member
- paying out minimum pension payments
- how the 5 April 2013 announcements affect your clients.