Published on 09 May 09
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Many of Australia's companies will be operating in a carbon-constrained environment from 2010. How do you readily identify and manage the key risks, costs and opportunities of climate change? What is the state of play in relation to climate change and tax? Which reports are mere recommendations and which are operative now?
This paper addresses:
- the Green Paper, the White Paper...which papers are "in play"?
- a snap shot of current regimes, design principles of the new system and the national consultation timetable
- identifying the material tax issues for corporates and practitioners to be focussing on now
- which issues are still being debated and should you get involved?
- a checklist of climate change issues and opportunities to consider - a practical framework for tax practitioners and corporate tax managers to move forward.
Current at 29 May 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Tim SANDOW.