Published on 09 Oct 09
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- capital injections
- the issue of shares in companies with low or negative net worth
- equity issues, consolidated groups and available fractions
- exit of subsidiaries from wholly-owned group: unrealised loss companies
- unrealised losses/realised gains - Taxation of Financial Arrangements
- relief for ‘blackhole' expenditure: Section 40-880
- bad debt deductions - especially debts arising from money lending.
Mark is a Partner in KPMG’s Corporate Tax Division and Legal Practitioner Director of KPMG Tax Lawyers Pty
Limited. Mark specialises in taxation of capital raisings and mergers & acquisitions. Mark joined KPMG after working for 15
years with another Big Four accounting firm and four years as a solicitor. Mark has written numerous technical papers in the
areas of corporate restructures and the taxation of debt and equity. He was educated at St John’s College, Cambridge and
has a honours degree in law from Monash University, Victoria.
Current at 9 February 2009 Current at 14 May 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Mark POOLE.