Published on 09 Oct 09
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- capital injections
- the issue of shares in companies with low or negative net worth
- equity issues, consolidated groups and available fractions
- exit of subsidiaries from wholly-owned group: unrealised loss companies
- unrealised losses/realised gains - Taxation of Financial Arrangements
- relief for ‘blackhole' expenditure: Section 40-880
- bad debt deductions - especially debts arising from money lending.
Mark is a Legal Practitioner Director with KPMG.
- Current at
01 April 2012