Published on 15 Mar 07
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This paper provides a review of current issues in TOFA that are relevant for large corporates, including:
- which taxpayers do the rules apply to?
- which transactions do the rules apply to?
- accruals, realisation and hedging basis
- linkage to accounting standards
- transitional implementation.
David is a tax partner with PricewaterhouseCoopers. He was involved in the Government consultations which led to formulation of the original tax consolidation proposal and has maintained a significant involvement ever since, assisting clients with implementation and ongoing issues and participating in the NTLG Consolidation Sub Committee and various of its issue specific working groups.
Current at 9 February 2009 Current at 15 May 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by David ROMANS.