Published on 16 Mar 07
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
Focused on SME advisers, this presentation covers practical issues when a client acquires a company that has been part of a consolidated group including:
- structuring for the acquisition
- what tax history will it inherit?
- asset identification and valuation
- buying the company versus buying the assets
- tax sharing agreements and tax indemnities
- issues relevant to the vendor’s negotiating position.
Current at 15 June 2011
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Alistair HUTSON.