Published on 12 Mar 09
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
With an increasing number of cases on trust law matters now coming before the courts, it is more important than ever for tax practitioners to ensure that they can identify and understand the relevant issues.
This presentation addresses some practical matters facing SME clients in administering the modern discretionary trust including:
- the trust income, taxable income and distributable income debate
- care required if relying on PS LA 2005/1 (GA)
- streaming income with different characteristics to different beneficiaries
- creating a present entitlement in light of recent case law
- distributions of income versus appointments of income.
Current at 20 October 2010
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Daniel SMEDLEY.
Current at 15 June 2011
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Ron JORGENSEN.