Published on 29 Aug 13
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
The theory relating to benefit payments is well known as are some of the strategies on how to pay benefits in the most tax-effective manner. This presentation explores the less common, possibly forgotten strategies that surround the laws on benefit payments by:??
- recapping on the taxation arrangements on lifetime and death benefits??
- discussing the implications of electing for a payment not to be treated as anincome stream??
- exploring the benefit of rolling back a pension now and commencing a new onelater??
- planning for income and salary sacrificing to maximise benefits??
- considering the opportunities with estate planning.
Rob is a Director and Shareholder of Harwood Andrews Lawyers and is an accredited specialist with the Law Institute of Victoria in Income Tax Law and Business Law. Rob has been recognised as one of Australia's leading taxation lawyers by ALB's Legal Who's Who Australia 2003. Rob practises principally in the areas of taxation and revenue law, superannuation, business and investment structuring, advice on various types of trusts, asset protection and succession planning and business and commercial advice. Rob has presented on numerous occasions at State and National seminars and conferences on taxation and trust law issues for both the Taxation Institute of Australia and other industry groups and bodies.
Current at December 2008 Current at 01 December 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Rob JEREMIAH.