Published on 29 Aug 13
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
The theory relating to benefit payments is well known as are some of the strategies on how to pay benefits in the most tax-effective manner. This presentation explores the less common, possibly forgotten strategies that surround the laws on benefit payments by:??
- recapping on the taxation arrangements on lifetime and death benefits??
- discussing the implications of electing for a payment not to be treated as anincome stream??
- exploring the benefit of rolling back a pension now and commencing a new onelater??
- planning for income and salary sacrificing to maximise benefits??
- considering the opportunities with estate planning.
Rob is a principal of Sladen Legal. He is accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria as a specialist in both Tax Law and Business Law and is on their Tax Law Specialisation Advisory Committee. He is on the Superannuation Industry Relationship Network of the ATO and is a member of the board and technical committee of SISFA. Rob is acknowledged as a leader in his field and is regularly asked to share his specialist knowledge on areas such as tax, superannuation, succession and estate planning and trusts. Rob has been a principal of Sladen Legal and its predecessor firm since 1981.
- Current at
25 May 2017