Your shopping cart is empty

Crikey - where do I pay my tax? presentation


The world is getting smaller and more people are seeking international work experience. As a result many of us have clients who are looking to work overseas, or have been referred an overseas visitor working in Australia. This presentation considers some practical situations for individuals working overseas and in Australia, in particular:

  • are you an Australian resident?
  • what are the changes from 1 July 2006 that significantly lessen the tax bill for foreigners working in Australia?
  • what happens to the tax paid on income earned overseas?
  • how do you tax employee stock options?
  • overseas bank accounts.

Author profile

Janet Finlay
Janet is a Partner with Ernst & Young specialising in Corporate Tax. She has over 18 years experience specialising in corporate income tax and employment tax issues for clients, providing advice on capital gains tax, tax planning, business restructuring, inbound and outbound investment, due diligence, acquisitions and financing, employment and expatriate taxes. Janet provides various seminars to clients and professional bodies on taxation developments including corporate income tax, fringe benefits tax and expatriate taxes. - Current at 19 March 2015
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Janet FINLAY.


This was presented at South Australian Convention: In Tune with Tax .

Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.

Individual sessions

GST report: the year so far - developments in 2007

Author(s):  Matthew NICHOLLS

Materials from this session:

Getting trusts right: lessons from the Federal Court

Author(s):  Jeffrey SPENDER

Materials from this session:

The new small business concessions

Author(s):  Ian SNOOK

Materials from this session:

Further details about this event:


Copyright Statement
click to expand/collapse