Published on 12 Mar 04
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
What tax adjustments are now required when my client sells a commercial building, a vineyard or an item of intellectual property? What balancing adjustments now exist?
This presentation provides a much needed practical
review of the issues emerging out of transactional work in this area including:
- sale & restructure of depreciating assets
- land & buildings acquisitions and sales: interaction of capital works deductions & CGT
- who is the holder of land improvements?
- vineyard establishment expenditure and other primary production write offs
- intellectual property
- balancing adjustment rollovers and tax planning associated with sale of depreciating assets
- implications to buyers.
Peter is a Corporate Tax Partner at KPMG. He is currently the leader of KPMG South Australia’s Government practice and KPMG’s National
Forestry Practice. Peter is also a member of KPMG’s National Energy and Natural resource Executive. Peter has advised a large number of agribusiness participants, particularly in the forestry, wine and traditional farming sectors. Peter is a past State Chairman of the Taxation
Institute of Australia’s South Australian State Council.
Current at 12 March 2008 Current at 03 April 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Peter SIEBELS.