Published on 25 May 07
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Getting a settled and consistent policy relating to the preparation of documents is essential including:
- Record keeping obligations
- Do the documents you keep stack up?
- Do in-house transactions stack up?
- Computer records
- The effect of the Consolidations regime
- Management of directors’ minutes
- Understanding the importance of third party records/evidence, eg financiers
- Understanding the expectations of the ATO
- Contemporaneous documents should disclose facts, not fairy tales
- Evidential aspects
Current at 04 May 2011
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Sue WILLIAMSON.
Current at 23 June 2009