Published on 26 Mar 14
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- employee/contractor - definition
- Stevens v Brodribb Sawmilling
- Vabu v FCT
- Hollis v Vabu
- Roy Morgan Research v FCT
- ATO rulings
- relevance of the definition
- common mistakes – myths to avoid.
Brent is a Tax Partner in KPMG’s Sydney Private Enterprise practice. Brent has significant experience providing tax advisory services to public and private companies and private groups. Brent’s areas of expertise include the taxation of private companies and trusts and company restructures, mergers and acquisitions. Brent is a regular speaker on taxation issues, particularly those concerning private companies and trusts.
- Current at
02 June 2014