Important: Reset your password We've made some changes to our website. You will need to reset your password to access your account, access online books, purchase items from our online shop, or download papers from the Tax Knowledge eXchange.
Published on 10 Sep 04
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Tax consolidation is entered into by way of an irrevocable election. Many SME corporate groups have delayed the
consolidation decision or have chosen not to consolidate.
This presentation uses a case study approach to analyse the consequences of not consolidating and issues arising from
groups operating outside the consolidation environment, including:
- recap on what was lost including no access to group losses and rollover relief for CGT/UCA assets and intra-group dividend issues
- income equalisation strategies using passive and active income
- the transfer of assets including trading stock, loans, GCT and UCA assets
- the anti-avoidance rules including value shifting considerations and Part IVA
- the impact on cash flows, stamp duty and GST.
The Tax Institute is a Recognised Tax Agent Association (RTAA) under the Tax Agent Services Regulations 2009.
All materials provided on this site are protected by copyright and are owned by or licensed to TTI.
Except as expressly permitted by TTI or the copyright owner, any person or company who uses this site must not use, reproduce, redistribute, retransmit, publish or otherwise transfer, or commercially exploit, the materials or any information, software or other content, in whole or in part, which is available through this site.
We've made some changes to our website. You will need to reset your password to access your account, access online books, purchase items from our online shop, or download papers from the Tax Knowledge eXchange.
To reset your password, click on 'Reset password' below.