Published on 09 Oct 09
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Inbound investment into Australia presents challenges that are not just confined to tax issues.
This presentation covers emerging issues relevant to inbound investment, including:
- financing issues including thin capitalisation and debt deductions
- tax treatment of inbound partnerships
- cash pooling and netting arrangements
- corporate reorganisations including supply chain restructures
- disposal of businesses by non-residents.
Vik is a Partner in the International Tax Practice at Ernst & Young, Melbourne. He specialises in corporate and international tax issues with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. Vik has specific responsibility for providing international and corporate tax advice to a number of leading financial intermediaries, banks and securities traders, on cross border transactions and on funding issues. He has been closely involved in a number of public equity raising and hybrid instrument issues.
- Current at
30 August 2017