Published on 04 Jun 04
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Not everyone wants to develop property. Property investors riding the cycles of the property market can make significant profits, but also have some significant tax issues. This presentation looks at:
- depreciable asset or structural improvement - where to draw the line?
- what structure should be used to buy rental properties?
- repairs, initial repairs and improvements
- when is a property available for rent?
- what structure should your business premises be purchased in?
This was also presented by Andrew Smith at the 'Making Property Investment Work' seminar held in Perth on 24 February 2005.
Jo-anne Hotston CTA
Jo-Anne Hotston, CTA, is a Director of TaxBytes, a specialised tax training business. She is also a Tax Director of Bentleys NSW. Jo-anne is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and a Chartered Tax Adviser of The Tax Institute, and holds a Masters of Taxation from the University of Sydney. Jo-anne has been providing tax training to accounting and legal firms since 1994. She provides monthly tax training to a number of accounting firms throughout Australia from first tier down to smaller firms. Current at 21 October 2015
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Jo-anne HOTSTON.
Further details about this event: