Published on 16 Mar 07
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covers:
- law of negligence and its impact upon tax practitioners in their professional practices
- common law duties of competence
- impact of trade practices and fair trading legislation
- fiduciary duties and responsibilities of tax advisors
- professional sanctions for practitioners who engage in tax evasion (either personally or in an advisor-client relationship).
Gino is a Professor in the Faculty of Law at the University of Tasmania. His main areas of interest are equity and trusts, and professional responsibility, and he has authored widely used and cited books in each of these fields. Gino is also an ethics columnist for various legal professional journals, and the General Editor of Halsbury's Laws of Australia. In addition to being admitted to legal practice in New South Wales, Gino is a CPA.
- Current at
02 June 2014