Published on 18 Oct 08
by TASMANIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Note: This presentation is abridged from a paper delivered by Sue Williamson at the 2008 National Convention.
This presentation covers:
- pre-litigation strategies and obligations
- legal professional privilege - strategies and obligations
- the ATO - model litigant?
- declaratory proceedings and other administrative law actions
- Part IVC proceedings
- burden of proof
- negotiation and settlement.
Sue leads EY's Melbourne Tax Controversy practice. She has acted in various AAT, Federal Court, High Court and Supreme Court cases relating to various Commonwealth and state taxes, and has advised clients on a broad range of taxation issues including income tax, GST and PRRT. Sue is also an accredited mediator and has assisted clients in resolving disputes using various alternative dispute resolution mechanisms. Sue is a member of the ATO Dispute Resolution Committee and is a former president of The Tax Institute.
- Current at
17 October 2017