Published on 18 Oct 08
by TASMANIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Note: This presentation is abridged from a paper delivered by Sue Williamson at the 2008 National Convention.
This presentation covers:
- pre-litigation strategies and obligations
- legal professional privilege - strategies and obligations
- the ATO - model litigant?
- declaratory proceedings and other administrative law actions
- Part IVC proceedings
- burden of proof
- negotiation and settlement.
Sue is a partner at EY specialising in tax controversy. Sue has worked in tax for more than 25 years, including roles in major law firms and executive roles within the firms in which she has been a partner. Sue was the President of The Tax Institute in 2008, has been a member of several advisory boards, has participated in many consultative forums and lectures in the University of Melbourne Masters of Law program. Sue was a member of the instructing solicitor team working on the Placer Dome litigation.
- Current at
26 June 2019