Published on 25 May 07
by "AUSTRALIAN TAX FORUM" JOURNAL ARTICLE
This session will explore the practical implications of the recent developments in capital gains tax for Non-residents and temporary residents investing or carrying business in Australia, including:
- Overview of the new CGT rules
- What is “taxable Australian property”?
- Interaction with Australia’s double tax agreements
- Who is a temporary resident?
- Foreign income exemption for temporary residents
- Deemed disposal rules
Current at 22 June 2009