Published on 16 Mar 07
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covers:
- when is a trust a fixed trust?
- how the Commissioner’s discretion on fixed trusts works?
- when are FTEs and IEEs needed and when are they not needed?
- is the ATO correct that a FTE is needed when a trust is cloned?
- is injecting income a perilous exercise?
- how do the ROSA amendments impact on trust losses?
Paul Tanti is a Partner in the Thomson Geer Lawyers tax team and has a wide range of experience in providing taxation and commercial advice to a variety of clients. Paul also advises a number of legal and accounting firms on all areas of federal and state taxation law and related commercial matters.
- Current at
17 January 2017