Published on 16 Mar 07
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covers:
- areas of divergence, interaction and correspondence between stamp duty and GST
- a “business tax” - approach to analysis and characterisation
- identification of consideration post Dick Smith
- consequences of statutory and contractual adjustments to purchase price
- is goodwill required for the GST-free supply of a going concern
- transfers of property and payments by direction including transfers involving trustees/custodians
- does consideration relate to the creation or exercise of rights?
Peter Green FTIA is a Partner at the Sydney office of Mallesons Stephen Jaques. Peter specialises in revenue law,
including income tax, capital gains tax, stamp duty Australia-wide and GST. Peter is the joint author of the third
edition of Principles of Income Taxation.
Current at 11 March 2009 Current at 02 April 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Peter GREEN.