Published on 17 Oct 08
Having a detailed understanding of the contribution and cashing rules for superannuation can allow you to maximise strategies and avoid problems. This presentation addresses some of the more common questions that are raised by financial planners and also highlights certain benefits or opportunities clients may be missing out on. Topics covered include:
- know the ‘bring forward rule'
- utilising the transitional concessional contribution cap
- foreign super fund transfer limitations
- understanding the ‘Retirement' condition of release
- problems with transition to retirement rules.
Vesna is a Principal at Mercer. She has been in the Financial Services industry for over 20 years, and provides technical support to financial planners in the areas of superannuation, retirement incomes, social security, insurance and estate planning.
- Current at
26 February 2010