Published on 17 Oct 08
Having a detailed understanding of the contribution and cashing rules for superannuation can allow you to maximise strategies and avoid problems. This presentation addresses some of the more common questions that are raised by financial planners and also highlights certain benefits or opportunities clients may be missing out on. Topics covered include:
- know the ‘bring forward rule'
- utilising the transitional concessional contribution cap
- foreign super fund transfer limitations
- understanding the ‘Retirement' condition of release
- problems with transition to retirement rules.
Vesna Pavlovic is the National Technical Services Manager at Mercer Wealth
Solutions - a division of Mercer (Australia) Pty Ltd. She has been in the
Financial Services industry for over 20 years, and provides technical
support to financial planners in the areas of superannuation, retirement
incomes, social security, insurance and estate planning.
Current at 18 February 2009 Current at 24 February 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Vesna PAVLOVIC.