Published on 11 Oct 12
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Recent changes in superannuation law have simplified some superannuation pension rules, but most of the big questions remain. This presentation helps advisers identify the best pension structure for clients having regard to both taxation and estate planning considerations.
Topics covered include:
- When should clients think about pensions – age 55, resignation, retirement or other?
- Comparing and contrasting pension options
- When can you commute a pension?
- Re-contribution and other strategies you need to tell your clients about
- Should you always segregate assets?
- Reversionary pensions and binding death nominations – which one wins?
Thalia is a Solicitor with Maurice Blackburn Cashman Commercial, Lawyers. She advises accountants, financial advisers, high net-worth individuals and superannuation fund trustees on superannuation, financial services disclosure, estate planning, trust and taxation issues affecting superannuation and worker entitlement funds.
Current at 28 November 2006 Current at 11 February 2013
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Thalia KALABOUKAS.