Published on 18 Oct 12
by TASMANIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- what is “income”?
- income of the trust estate
- the proportionate approach
- creating a specific entitlement
- streaming capital gains
- streaming franked distributions
- other complications
- Unpaid Present Entitlements – practical ways of achieving a “compliant structure”
- recharacterisation clauses.
Ken is a Tax and Commercial Law Director of Schurgott & Co Lawyers and Special Counsel with Brown Wright Stein Lawyers, Sydney. He has extensive experience in all aspects of tax (including state taxes and litigation), as well as business structuring, business sales and acquisitions, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken has been, until recently, a member of the Advisory Panel to the Board of Taxation and heavily engaged in ongoing consultation in relation to the reform of the taxation of trusts and trust issues generally.
- Current at
22 May 2017